Tuesday 14 August 2012

Pushing the Limits Read-A-Long: Week 3

This is an amazing event hosted by Candace Book Blog, Dazzling ReadsPageTurnersBlog, The Book Swarm and The Bewitched Bookworms. I really enjoyed Pushing the Limits. Here is my review.

Here are the links to the previous questions: Week 1 and Week 2
 
Here are my answers to this weeks questions.

1. In the beginning of this section Noah decides to ignore Echo because he's angry and hurt. What did you think of this? Have you ever experienced a friendship that went awry and they started ignoring you?
To be honest if it was me I would ignore people as well. However I would talk to people I really trust and ignore everyone else. Whether this is the best approach or not, I don’t know. I guess Noah doesn’t really know Echo well enough yet. The case here didn’t seem to make it Echo’s fault.
Unfortunately I have had a friendship that went awry back when I was eleven. I had just started a new school and was friends with someone for a few months. Or I thought I was until she starts ignoring me for no reason. She never offered an explanation. I moved on ages ago but it can be quite hard at the time.
2. Noah has a bit of a false reputation. Everyone thinks he's a big druggie and a guy that just randomly hooks up with girls. While some of it is true to a certain extent, we see it's not really him. Have you ever had a false reputation where people draw their own conclusions? Do you think Noah should do something to make people not think that about him?
There was a rumour spread about me once that I was a lesbian. Original, I know. It didn’t last long. I feel I’m the sort of person who just lets people draw their own conclusions. Normally I do not hear them so I don’t know my reputation. At University I find everyone is open and wants to get to know you. Plus there are too many people that it is really hard to form a reputation. At school it was a different matter. Everybody knew everybody.
Noah, unlike Echo, doesn’t seem to care what other people thing apart from the social services. Personally, I think he needs to do thing for himself not for others. If he stopped smoking it will improve his health. If he changed himself for the better, then his brothers will follow.
3. Ashley finds out she's having a boy and informs Echo she will have a brother 'again'. Echo took this very personally and was extremely upset. Do you think Echo overreacted? Do you think Ashley meant that the new brother would replace her brother?
I think Echo did overreact a little bit. From the beginning I did not believe Ashley’s motives were what Echo thought they were. I’m an evidence person. There was no evidence. I think Ashley, in her excitement, didn’t think before she spoke. I think she meant you will be having another brother, instead of say a sister.
4. Echo doesn't remember what happened with her mother and for this reason she has troubles seeing her the way everyone else does. She can't seem to not miss her and still wants to talk to her. Do you think she should pursue finding her mom? Do you think it will help her or do you think she would be in danger?
This is a tricky one because at the time Echo doesn’t know the true extent of what happened. She sees her mother as she saw her before the incident. If I were in Echo’s position I would have,` as everyone refuses to tell me anything. However, as an outsider, I would be very wary. Everyone else seems very eager for Echo to stay away and that has to mean something.
5. Noah doesn't trust the people who have his brothers because of his own past situations. He decides to seek out a lawyer himself and try to get custody. Do you think this is his best move? Do you think there are some other options he should consider?
I think Noah is not acting rationally. He has very little evidence (sorry, scientist) to suggest that the family his brother are with are bad people. A couple bruises? He is a toddler. They fall over. Getting a lawyer shows Noah has little trust in the family. They are therefore less likely to return it. There were definitely other options.
6. Echo finds out that Noah and his parents built houses for Habitat for Humanity. Have you ever volunteered for something like that? What is a cause that you feel strongly about?
I have never volunteered to build houses. I have volunteered in the past on a children’s holiday. It is where we give disadvantaged children from the poorer areas of London a holiday. They get to experience things they normally wouldn’t be able to in the summer. To be honest though there are no causes I feel very strongly about. I think there are many good causes out there.

Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate every comment that I receive. Thank you :D