Saturday 21 July 2012

Stacking the Shelves #9

Meme Hosted by Tynga's Reviews

I'm back!! If you didn't know, I just spent the last two weeks in Florida. Ok ... you probably didn't know but you do now. I haven't been blogging for very long (well it doesn't feel like a long time), but it felt weird not to be blogging. Now I have to get back into the swing of things. 
I got a lot of books in the past two weeks. I was on holiday! It took a few manoeuvres to get them in the case but I managed it. So here we go:

For Review


















  • Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry *Goodreads*
  • Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass #1) by Sarah J. Maas *Goodreads*
Thank you to Netgalley, Harlequin Teen and Bloomsbury UK!

Both these books look really good and I cannot wait to start them.

Bought














  •  Darkness Before Dawn (Darkness before Dawn #1) by J.A. London *Goodreads*
  • My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick *Goodreads*
  • Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson *Goodreads*
  • Dreamland by Sarah Dessen *Goodreads*
  • Something Like Normal by Trish Doller *Goodreads*
  • Keep Holding On by Susane Colasanti *Goodreads*
One of the downsides about living in the UK is a few of the books that I want to read are not published here. This means that I have to buy the american edition. Ok it is easy to do online but it was a nice experience to walk into a Barnes and Nobles (the one in Naples is pretty big too) and to see all these books on the shelf. My dad was paying so I lost a little restraint. I have already read Keep Holding On so expect a review some time soon.


For two days while I was in Florida, I went to Universal Studios. That mean Wizarding World! I was so excited and it is amazing. I have never been on a ride quite like Forbidden Journey (that is the ride inside Hogwarts castle). I hope to write a more detailed post at some point.

While I was there I got some goodies:
  • Deathly Hallows key ring
  • Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans (My second box)
  • Exploding Bon Bons
  • Sugar Quill
  • Dr Seuss Ticket Holder (To hold my entrance ticket, Express pass and hotel key. I would have gotten a HP one but they didn't have them available in the shop I got this one in)
  •  Plastic bag (This is the bag you get given at the till so technically I didn't buy it but I like the picture)
  • Owl Messenger Bag (I saw this on the website and I wanted it for University)

Quite a lot of the goodies you could buy can also be found in the HP studio tour I went to in June. You can see my post for what I got there here.

  I managed to read 6 books while I was on holiday. I'd better get started on writing my reviews.

Hope you had a great week, or fortnight. I can't wait to see what you got.

Becky

36 comments:

  1. Wow, great haul! And so jealous about the Wizarding World!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got some great books! And great things from the wizard world, universal studios. I'd love to go there (I'm in Australia)! I love the messenger bag!
    I didn't get much this week, but would love it if you stopped by.
    My Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great haul! I really want to read Tiger Lily badly! Happy reading :)

    http://viewfromthehillbookreviews.blogspot.com/2012/07/stacking-shelves-thunder-and-angels.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pushing the Limits was awesome. Its one of my favorite books of the year. Throne of Glass is good too.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice haul. The Wizarding World stuff is awesome! I'm so jealous.

    I hope you'll stop by and see what I stacked on my shelves this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I freaking loved both Throne Of Glass and Pushing the Limits! I've been to the wizarding world and it's so good! I want to go back and buy all the things!

    My Letterbox Love!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so jealous of your awesome haul! Pushing the Limits was AMAZING and I have Darkness Before Dawn on my shelves! :) I'm super jealous of My Life Next Door, Tiger Lily, and Throne of Glaass, though. Those sound awesome! :)

    Check out my Stacking the Shelves!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your HP swag (and your books as well).
    Enjoy it all.

    Here's my Stacking Post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree, Pushing the Limits was really good! Currently reading Throne of Glass and loving it.

    Check out my Stacking the Shelves

    http://gizmosreviews.blogspot.com/2012/07/stacking-shelves-13.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely loved Pushing the Limits and hope that you do too.
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome collection.
    I know what you mean about having to order US books online. Last time I was in America I ended up with half a suitcase full ^^

    ReplyDelete
  12. I already reviewed Throne of Glass and Pushing the Limits, and I gave them both 5 stars! They are ABSOLUTELY SPECTACULAR! I hope you enjoy them!

    My Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pushing the Limits is a great book. I also loved Something Like Normal, Keep Holding On, and Dreamland. You got a lot of great books.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to read Pushing the Limits and My Life Next Door. I love the messenger bag. Happy reading. :)

      Isa @ Chasing Quills

      Delete
  15. I'm so jealous!!! Those HP things are amazing, especially the Owl bag! A lot of people are getting Tiger Lily and I want to read it so badly I think I'm just going to buy it!

    Happy reading
    My StS

    ReplyDelete
  16. And new follower:) I wouldn't want to miss that post about the tour inside the Hogwarts Castle!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, I love the HP goodies! The messenger bag is adorable. I haven't read any of the books you bought, but Pushing the Limits has so many fantastic review and it will most likely be my next Kindle purchase.
    Here's my StS post. Happy reading, and enjoy those candies :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great haul! I seriously have all the books that you got on my TBR pile.

    Hope you enjoy your books and I can't wait to read the post on Hogwarts castle!

    Check out myStacking the Shelves!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Enjoy Pushing the Limits and Throne of Glass! Pushing the Limits is AMAZING and I haven't read Throne of Glass yet but it gets nothing but glowing reviews!

    My Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  20. Amazing books! I can't wait to read Tiger Lily, Throne of Glass, Pushing the Limits, and more! I pretty much want to read every book you have. Happy reading!

    Stacking the Shelves
    Lisa @ Shatterbooks

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my I am so envious of all your fun books!! I have Throne of Glass and Pushing the Limits on my tbr and I can't wait to read them!! Happy Reading!

    Our Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow - great haul! New follower through the blog hop, here's my Stacking the Shelves this week: http://hdsreadingcorner.blogspot.com/2012/07/stacking-shelves-july-15-21-2012.html

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh! I am so jealous that you went to the Wizarding World at Universal Studios! Mr. J and I were planning on going there this December. Might have to scoot it back to January, but we're really looking forward to it.

    GREAT BOOK! Congrats on your haul!

    Book Gathering #11

    ReplyDelete
  24. Excellent haul! Pushing the Limits and Throne of Glass are supposed to be amazing. I hope you had a great vacation! :)

    Our STS

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh wow so much awesome!! Throne of Glass is FABULOUS fyi :-) Enjoy!

    http://wordsareinnermusic.blogspot.com/2012/07/much-anticipated-books-book-haul.html

    ReplyDelete
  26. wow, great haul. I really want to read pushing the limits and tiger lily.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Omg I'm so jelous of Throne of Glass and Pushing the Limits! They look so freaking good!

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great book haul! I nominated you for the Sisterhood award: http://breathofbooks.blogspot.com/2012/07/sisterhood-of-world-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh WOW, you got so many fantastic things!! Most of these books are on my wishlist and all these Harry Potter goodies are just great! :)

    Here's my book haul for this week if you'd like to take a look.

    Happy reading and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  30. AHhh you went to Wizarding World of Harry Potter! SO exciting! Is butterbeer as good as everyone says it is? YUM! Oohh Tiger Lily, and Pushing the Limits. That one is really good! Hope you enjoy all your books!
    ------
    Giselle from booknerd.ca
    Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't have Butterbeer at the Wizarding World. The queues were ridiculous. However I did have it at the HP Studio Tour in London and it very yummy! I wish I could have had it again.

      Delete
  31. Great set! I loved the Wizarding World when I went there. So cool that you got Pushing the Limits. It was great.
    My Bookish Recap

    ReplyDelete
  32. An amazing set of books!! I loved Pushing the Limits and Throne of Glass.

    Happy reading!!

    Sharon @ http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com.au/2012/07/the-sunday-post-stacking-shelves-22nd.html

    ReplyDelete
  33. My Life Next Door and Something Like Normal are two of my favorites! :) Love all the HP stuff! I hope I make it to the Wizarding World at some point. It would be great to relive the magic. :)

    Here' my Stacking the Shelves

    Randi @ Cardigans, Coffee and Bookmarks

    ReplyDelete
  34. I just love your HP fun finds!!!! I really need to get there :) I have Keep Holding On and have yet to dive into it-hopefully this weekend! Thanks for sharing :)

    Sarabeth

    http://chroniclesofsarita.blogspot.com/2012/07/stacking-shelves-2.html

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every comment that I receive. Thank you :D