Friday 14 September 2012

Feature and Follow #14

Weekly Meme hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read.
This is a weekly meme where we answer questions and blog hop to find new blogs to follow. You follow me I will follow you back.

Q: What hyped up book do you think was not worth all the talk?
Obsidian (Lux #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Please don't hit me!

I had seen this book everywhere. Everyone was reading it, everyone was talking about it and everyone was loving it. Daemon Black was appearing on many best boys in YA type lists or brought up in discussions as being outright amazing. I was looking forward to reading this one.

Unfortunately it wasn't for me. I found Daemon to be really infuriating and not in a good way. He was all over the place and he just turned into a big jerk. I did not see the appeal. As for the story it was too similar to Twilight I found. There didn't seem much else to discover after about half way and it failed to grip me after that.

I wrote a review for Obsidian way back in April when I read it. HERE!


Becky

12 comments:

  1. I AGREE WITH YOU! I was so tempted to put Obsidian for my answer as well, but damn, there ARE so many fans! They'll kill us! *hides*
    Hahaha! I'm so glad to see this answer on your blog! *thumbs up* ;)
    For me, Obsidian was hype. There!

    Here's my F&FF post.

    New follower here! And glad about that too. :P

    -Sarika.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, I've seen this book everywhere, but haven't read it yet. Follower on GFC Katja @ YA's the Word

    ReplyDelete
  3. I won't hit you! I haven't read this one yet, but I still plan to. I just read so many amazing reviews, like you. And I do love Jen's other YA books. So I have to give it a try at least.

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh... I won this one, but havent attacked it yet, now I'm scared... I want to love it!!

    Come and check out my FF
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace
    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh, this is too bad! I'm currently reading this one (along with Saving June) and loving it :)

    New-ish Follower / My FF

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH, THANK YOU!!!! Thank you SO MUCH FOR SAYING IT!!! Daemon was such a crappy hero! >.>

    http://notjustnonsense.blogspot.com/2012/09/ff-feature-and-follow-31.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've heard good things about this one, I will perhaps read it end of the month!
    My post - FF #1
    New follower via GFC, follow me back? :)
    Aditi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww... I REALLY liked Obsidian! Sorry you didnt like it! :(
    I think maybe it was because I read Shadows first, so I kinda understood why Daemon was the way he was...

    Anyways.
    Old follower-
    My FF
    -Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  9. You, my dear are not the first person that has said this. And the book trailer for the second book actually turned me off from reading the first since it is literally the two teens making out the whole time. I thought I was watching the lead in to an "adult" movie not a YA book trailer. Thanks for hopping! XOXO - Parajunkee

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have added this to my TBR list but have yet to turn the pages. Sorry you didn't enjoy it.
    I am a new follower and you can find my FF @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've actually never read this, and have only just heard of it last week on the other hop... it feels to me like the "latest thing" and you're right, probably doesn't deserve the hype.

    Old follower.
    http://littlesqueed.blogspot.com/2012/09/feature-follow.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi!
    This is my second Feature and Follow :-)

    Really, Obsidian is not all that? I have it on my list because of the hype but I'm not crazy about it...

    I'm following you now. Here is my post
    http://onlectus.blogspot.com/2012/09/feature-and-follow-friday-2.html

    Happy blogging!

    Lectus

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every comment that I receive. Thank you :D