Saturday 22 September 2012

Stacking the Shelves #16

Meme Hosted by Tynga's Reviews

Oh God I am going back to university tomorrow and I still haven't finished packing. This should be interesting.

For Review

Death and the Girl Next Door (Darklight #1) by Darynda Jones

The synopsis is just full of mystery. This book looks interesting.

Thanks to St Martin's Press for the review copy.

Bought
Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days #1) by Susan Ee
Goodreads

I have heard nothing but good things about this book. 56 reviews on Amazon.co.uk. 53 of which are 5 stars. The other three reviews are 4 stars. Ok maybe it is not a good thing to have such high expectations but with ratings like that ...

Also it will probably not be long, if has not already happened, before a big main stream publisher snaps it up. This will be a good thing for the author and the series but not such a good thing for a poor student if the price for the Kindle edition rises. So I got it now.

The Raven Boys (Raven Cycle #1) by Maggie Stiefvater

I have again heard nothing but good things about this book as well. The synopsis also really intrigued me. I like to think that my gut is trustworthy and I have a good feeling about this book. I hope I am not wrong. I have read Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater before and wasn't enthralled. However I am willing to give authors another shot. I hope The Raven Boys will do better.


Becky

13 comments:

  1. These three sound really good; Raven Boys I'm really curious about. Good luck with the packing!
    Katja @ YA's the Word

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Raven Boys really sounds good. I wasn't in love with SHiver either, but would like to try this one. Hope you find it better than her previous books.
    Here is my STS post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOoh very nice! Loved Darynda's YA book! Have Angelfall on my Kindle to read as well, but haven't gotten around to it yet. Still can't make up my mind on the Raven Boys. But very nice haul!

    Good luck with the packing and at the University! Happy Reading!

    My STS will be up tomorrow so be sure to stop by then!

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Raven Boys was awesome. I happen to get my finished copy of it this week, but mine was signed. Nice haul.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful haul you have this week! Many amazing covers & lots of new additions to my TBR!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the cover for Angelfall. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you're just leaving for school? I've been here for 5 weeks now! Oh well, good luck pcking and moving! Raven Boys looks like an awesome book! I hope you enjoy all you got :)

    Here's my STS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I live in the UK and our universities go back at the end of September. :)

      Delete
  8. I am reading Death and the Girl Next Door now and I am curious what you will think of it =) Awesome book week!

    Our StS for the week =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a fan of Darynda's. I like her Charley Davidson series and her YA sounds like it will be just as good.
    Book Sniffers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice looking books this week! Really hope you enjoy them!
    Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Raven Boys and Death and the Girl Next Door, look fantastic! Enjoy your books :D

    Here is my STS: http://blogofabookaholic.blogspot.com/2012/09/stacking-shelves-18.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oohh I have Angelfall sitting on my ebook shelf..It's been waiting to be read :(

    Raven Boys was so great! Hope you enjoy all your books
    ------
    Giselle from Book Nerd Canada
    Stacking the Shelves #21

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every comment that I receive. Thank you :D