Wednesday 12 September 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #17

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme, showcasing books that we are waiting to read.

Title: The Raven Boys (Raven Cycle #1)
Author: Maggie Stiefvater
Publisher: Scholastic
Release Date: 19th September 2012

Goodreads - Amazon.co.uk/.com - Book Depository

“There are only two reasons a non-seer would see a spirit on St. Mark’s Eve,” Neeve said. “Either you’re his true love . . . or you killed him.”
It is freezing in the churchyard, even before the dead arrive.
Every year, Blue Sargent stands next to her clairvoyant mother as the soon-to-be dead walk past. Blue herself never sees them—not until this year, when a boy emerges from the dark and speaks directly to her.
His name is Gansey, and Blue soon discovers that he is a rich student at Aglionby, the local private school. Blue has a policy of staying away from Aglionby boys. Known as Raven Boys, they can only mean trouble.
But Blue is drawn to Gansey, in a way she can’t entirely explain. He has it all—family money, good looks, devoted friends—but he’s looking for much more than that. He is on a quest that has encompassed three other Raven Boys: Adam, the scholarship student who resents all the privilege around him; Ronan, the fierce soul who ranges from anger to despair; and Noah, the taciturn watcher of the four, who notices many things but says very little.
For as long as she can remember, Blue has been warned that she will cause her true love to die. She never thought this would be a problem. But now, as her life becomes caught up in the strange and sinister world of the Raven Boys, she’s not so sure anymore.
From Maggie Stiefvater, the bestselling and acclaimed author of the Shiver trilogy and The Scorpio Races, comes a spellbinding new series where the inevitability of death and the nature of love lead us to a place we’ve never been before.
While in the process of making this post, I discovered that The Raven Boys is available to purchase on The Book Depository. However as it will take about a week to get here anyway, I am therefore still waiting for it.

I have only read Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater before and it wasn't really the best book in my opinion. However all the hype and the very intriguing synopsis has made me want to give her another go. I am looking forward to this one.


Becky

16 comments:

  1. Great pick. I'm really looking forward to The Raven Boys. Scorpio Races was so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great pick! I absolutely loved Scorpio Races and I somewhat enjoyed Shiver, so I can't wait for this book! Thanks for sharing <3

    My Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Maggie!! Will wait for your review of this one!!
    Here's mine- WoW
    Just followed you on GFC! Follow me back? :)
    Aditi
    That Readioactive Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seeing this around a lot!! Have yet to read any of her new stuff. They just weren't grabbing my attention like her Wolves of Mercy trilogy did. Still, hope you love it once you read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a fantastic book. I hope you enjoy it.. Great pick..

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever
    http://booksliveforever.com/?p=4078

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds intruiging! My wow: http://ratherbarefoot.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have this one on my to-read list and I actually had it on my WOW post a while back! Great pick.
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm reading this right now and it's so good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I keep hearing wonderful things about this one!!

    ~Ali
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  10. I keep hearing good things about this one too. :)

    Thanks,
    Here's my WoW: http://wp.me/pN94q-tQ

    ReplyDelete
  11. I got an ARC of this one at ALA and really enjoyed it! Great pick. Please check out my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've already heard amazing things about this one :) Great pick!

    Visit my WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm quite intrigued with The Raven Boys as well. I've read Shiver and Lament by Stiefvater, and although I liked them, I didn't think they were amazing. I still haven't read The Scorpio Races, though, and I hear that is just amazing. I want to listen to the audiobook of that.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome pick! I'm really looking forward to this! I loved Maggie's Wolves of Mercy Falls series and I just picked up The Scorpio Races from the library and this sounds just as amazing as those! Not to much longer of a wait!

    My WoW

    -Brittani :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I still haven't read anything by Maggie, but I've heard great things about her books! Great pick :)

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm not a huge fan of MS's previous books, but this one was great! I hope you enjoy it. :)

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every comment that I receive. Thank you :D