Friday 11 May 2012

Feature and Follow #4

Weekly Meme hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read.

This is a weekly meme where we answer questions and blog hop to find new blogs to follow. You follow me I will follow you back. 

Q: This Sunday in the U.S. is Mother’s Day, in celebration, what are some of your favourite books with strong mother/child relationships?
Oh it's Mother's Day in the US. Haha have failed to notice that. *slaps head*. Mother's Day in the UK is back in March.

As for my favourite books with strong mother/child relationship, the first one is the Unearthly series by Cynthia Hand.

Clara has strong family ties; with both her mother and her brother. Her mother,Maggie, is Clara's anchor to the angel world. She has taught her daughter everything she needs to know about angels. She is very close to her mother not keeping many secrets. This is especially evidenced in Hallowed, book 2. If you have read it, you will know what I mean









I am guessing this book will be a very popular choice at the moment, especially with the release of the 5th book on last tuesday. But if I don't say it, I will think back later wondering why not. So, yes you guessed it, my second pick is The Mortal Instruments series by Casandra Clare. One of the strongest relationships has to be between Clary and Jocelyn. Ok it may seem a bit shaky however the whole reason Clary fell in with the Shadowhunter world (fully fell in, not just glimpsing) was because her mother was taken by demons right at the beginning. Clary is then desperate to find her. If that strong bond wasn't there, it may have turned out slightly differently.







Basically I thought of my favourite books and then of which ones have strong mother/child relationships. I probably have read others but I wouldn't classify those books as favourites.


What are your answers?

Becky

7 comments:

  1. I used Unearthly/Hallowed too. I loved their relationship because even though her mom as annoyingly secretive you know she was just doing it to protect Clara. And Clara obviously adored her mother. It was nice to see a parent in a YA book for once. My Feature & Follow Friday

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Clary's relationship with her mother. And I have Unearthly on my kindle. I should get to it soon. I had to dig through my good reads to remember the books I've read... most of them don't feature great parent-child relationships. I wanted to mention Dear Old Dad from I Hunt Killers, but I'll have to wait for father's day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I may have to check that book out.

    Here's my Follow Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jocelyn and Clary are a really good example of a strong mother/daughter bond. Unearthly is on my TBR list- my co-blogger liked it a lot.

    Old follower. :-) Our FF

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been meaning to read both of those books. That's the second time I've seen City of Bones listed in this weeks FF. Must get them soon!

    Thanks for the follow! :)

    http://ginspeaks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've only read the first The Mortal Instruments book, and it was a looong time ago, so I don't remember much of it...
    But Unearthly sounds interesting, I might check it out.

    Thanks for stopping by my FF, following you back via GFC.
    Happy Reading~

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to read these both so badly

    new follower :)
    My FF

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every comment that I receive. Thank you :D