Saturday 5 May 2012

Stacking the Shelves #1


Meme Hosted by Tynga's Reviews


After reading up around the drama that hit the book blogging community a couple of weeks ago, I have decided not to participate in "In My Mailbox" anymore. Instead I have decided to move to Stacking the Shelves where I will be showing what books I have got.

I have only got four books in the past two weeks but this has to be one of the best book weeks of the year so far.

Three books, that I couldn't wait, for in one week!!

Bought from Amazon.co.uk
  •  The Immortal Rules (Blood of Eden #1) - Julie Kagawa *Goodreads*
  • Insurgent (Divergent #2) - Veronica Roth *Goodreads*
  • Black Dawn (The Morganville Vampires # 12) -Rachel Caine *Goodreads*

Bought from Bookshop.
  • City of Lost Souls (The Mortal Instruments #5) - Cassandra Clare *Goodreads*







I have already read The Immortal Rules, Insurgent and COLS. Now I am reading Black Dawn.

You can find my review for Insurgent here.
You can find my review for The Immortal Rules here.

I absolutely love Insurgent and City of Lost Souls. Even though I am in the middle of uni work, having to meet a lot of deadlines and exams looming, I still managed to read both of them in a day each (Not together. Two 500 pages books in one day is a bit much for me). 5 Stars!!!

I am aware that there is an embargo on City of Lost Souls. I was very shocked when I walked into my local bookshop to see a massive pile available. I'm sorry but it's COLS. I wasn't going to wait. Screwed up my plans for that day. I started reading at 15:00 and finished at about 22:00. Could not put it down!! Same could be said for Insurgent. Didn't stop reading until I was finished.

I also enjoyed The Immortal Rules although not as much as the other two books.

As for Black Dawn, not that I don't love Morganville Vampires, but this has been a bit of a crazy week for both work and books. I haven't got round to sitting down and properly reading it. Now that everything has calmed down, I can sit back and read. I have only read a few chapters but I am enjoying it so far.

What books did you get this week?

Becky

21 comments:

  1. What a beautiful stacking the shelves you have. New follower. Come visit me and check out what I got as well.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great books! Hope you find more time for reading, I'm in the middle of my diploma paper and I can relate...
    Happy reading! Here's my StS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen The Immortal Rules a lot lately :-) I'm thinking I might have to check that one out! I loved her Iron Fey series..

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent haul! I'm really late to the Divergent party- it's been sitting on my shelf for quite some time. I've really got to read it soon.

    Thanks for stopping by! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holly Molly! You got CoLS early you lucky duck!
    Happy Reading :)
    Thanks for participating in STS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome hall! I wasn't a huge fan of TIR but everyone else seems to really love it, I feel left out!

    Check out my Stacking The Shelves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry. I am not a fan of Julie's Iron Fey series or books by Jennifer L. Armentrout while everyone else seems to love them. Not every popular book is for everyone.

      Delete
  7. I keep seeing The Immortal Rules everywhere, I've never read her Iron Fey series but I might check this one out. Great haul you got some great books!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are great books!! Insurgent has an amazing UK cover. Great books and happy STS! I'm a new follower :)

    I would love it if you could check out my STS
    Michelle :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great stack. The Immortal Rules is one I'm anxious to start reading. Enjoy your new books.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhh I LOVED The Immortal Rules!! And I can't wait to get Insurgent!

    My Stack

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Immortal Rules and Insurgent were awesome, weren't they ?
    You got some fab books this week :)
    Hope you enjoy them all !

    New GFC follower :)

    My Book Haul
    http://nicksbookblog93.blogspot.com/2012/05/stacking-shelves-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. AWESOME haul this week! I got The Immortal Rules last week and Insurgent this week and I can hardly wait for City of Lost Souls (even though I just started reading the series last night for the first time)! I'm a new email follower and I hope you'll drop by and check out what else I got this week :)

    http://jrafterdark.wordpress.com/2012/05/05/this-week-on-j-r-after-dark/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice group of books. I often read until I finish too. Here is my post:

    STS

    ReplyDelete
  14. UK bookcovers are so cool, Love the Insurgent cover!

    My Stacking The Shelves
    http://pnrurbanfantasyreviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. AHHH I really need to buy a copy of COLS by Cassandra Clare!!! Can't wait to hear your thoughts!

    New Follower! :)

    Visit My STS Post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My review should hopefully be posted on Tuesday 8th May. :D

      Delete
  16. Oooooh, such goodies! I want Insurgent, but I still need to read Divergent!

    I hope you enjoy all your lovely books!

    Here's my STS:

    http://darlenesbooknook.blogspot.ca/2012/05/stacking-shelves-may-6-2012.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm only a couple of chapters into Insurgent, I really need to catch up! Everyone is reading it, it's so overwhelming.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fantastic haul this week!! Looking forward to what you have to say about Insurgent, CoLS and The Immortal Rules, I really enjoyed them myself =)

    Here's my Stacking the Shelves post for this week =)

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every comment that I receive. Thank you :D