Wednesday 18 April 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #2

Hosted by Jill@ Breaking the Spine
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme, showcasing books that we are waiting to read.

Title: Once Burned (Night Prince #1)
Author: Jeaniene Frost
Publisher: HarperCollins
Pages:384
Release Date: 26th June 2012



She’s a mortal with dark powers...
After a tragic accident scarred her body and destroyed her dreams, Leila never imagined that the worst was still to come: terrifying powers that let her channel electricity and learn a person’s darkest secrets through a single touch. Leila is doomed to a life of solitude... until creatures of the night kidnap her, forcing her to reach out with a telepathic distress call to the world’s most infamous vampire...
He’s the Prince of Night...
Vlad Tepesh inspired the greatest vampire legend of all — but whatever you do, don’t call him Dracula. Vlad’s ability to control fire makes him one of the most feared vampires in existence, but his enemies have found a new weapon against him – a beautiful mortal with powers to match his own. When Vlad and Leila meet, however, passion ignites between them, threatening to consume them both. It will take everything that they are to stop an enemy intent on bringing them down in flames.
Once Burned is the first book in Jeaniene Frost's new series. It is a spin off series of her Night Huntress novels. It's Vlad's story and, while I can't say that I love Vlad as much as other people, I can't wait to see him settle down after all this time :). Night Huntress for me has been in a bit of a decline so hopefully this can perk up my confidence again in Jeaniene's writing.

Becky

2 comments:

  1. I like the cover of this book. Once Burned looks like an interesting series. Great choice!

    Check out my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn´t know about the spin-off, I like the cover and that the books is about Vlad, finally he´s going to have his HEA.
    Thanks for visiting My WOW

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every comment that I receive. Thank you :D